Best electric can openers
We eat a lot of canned foods. I cannot decide whether this is a good thing or not. On the one hand, canned goods are inexpensive, and they contain the necessary nutrients for a person to have a healthy intake. On the other hand, canned goods are not better than freshly prepared food, and I do not see how a person can live on that. However, as long as we consume canned goods in moderation, I guess it is okay. At the same time, we need a tool to open the cans, and that is why we buy can openers.
While the manual can opener has served us well over the years, it is time for it to step down and make room in the cabinet for the electric can opener. Almost everything we use is nowadays electronic, so why a can opener be any different? Manufacturers from all over the world saw the need for an electric can opener, which is why we have so many options.
The benefits of an electric can opener
You may wonder why you should buy an electric can opener when the manual opener you have in your kitchen drawer works just fine. I do not say that you are wrong. Manual can openers were the only alternative to a point, but the electric one comes with a set of benefits that you cannot enjoy if you stay with the manual opener.
- No more hassle opening cans – this is the primary function of an electric can opener, to help you open a can with ease. A manual can opener, while efficient, needs some strength to operate, and not all of us have that strength. Also, elderly people have real trouble using one since it requires some serious wrist action. An electric can opener, on the other hand, needs no effort whatsoever. You just need to place the can as the manufacturer recommends, push a button, and your can will be opened in seconds. It is as easy as that.
- It does the job a lot faster than you can – again, using a manual can opener, along with the strength you need, also takes longer. If you have only one can to open, I do not think you can tell the difference, but if you have multiple cans to open, it may take you a while. For example, let’s say that your entire family comes to dinner for Christmas and you want to serve canned peas. Opening 10 cans of peas with a manual can opener will take some time, while an electric can opener will finish the job in just a minute.
- You will not get hurt as much – I do not think there is one person here who has not cut themselves while opening a can. I did, several times actually. It happens to anyone, really. The tin can is very sharp after you cut into it, and one moment of lack of attention can earn you a couple of stitches. That is not possible with an electric can opener. You do not even touch the sharp part of the tin can because the machine does that for itself. An electric can opener is excellent at preventing such injuries.
- It protects your wrists – young people have no such issues, but the elderly, people with low dexterity, arthritis or weak wrists go through a nightmare when it comes to opening a can. An electric can opener requires almost no effort, and your wrists are safe.
What to consider when buying an electric can opener
If you are convinced and you want to buy an electric can opener, you should probably pay attention to what you buy. There are several options you can go for, and some of them are better than others. It depends on what you are expecting from it. With that in mind, here is what you need to consider before you purchase an electric can opener:
- Corded vs. cordless – before you go on browsing, you should decide if you want a corded electric can opener or a battery-powered electric can opener. The distinction is very important, and there are pros and cons for each of them. The corded device is very dependable, and it does not use much electricity. You do not need to worry that your electricity bill will suffer too much. However, if the power is out, it is utterly useless. The battery-powered electric can opener does not depend on an outlet. It is lightweight and portable, and it is very easy to use. The downside to this one is that you need to purchase batteries, and if you buy a lot of canned goods, you need more batteries. At the end of the day, it is entirely your choice.
- Ease of use – if an electric can opener is challenging to operate, it beats its entire purpose. After all, the electric can opener is supposed to make your day easier, not harder. That is why my advice is to read electric can openers reviews online. That way you can learn from people who have already bought a particular product if it is easy to operate or not. As a general rule, almost all openers are easy to use.
- Safety features – there are not many safety features that can be added to an electric can opener. Except one. It has to do with the way it cuts the edges. The point is to go for a machine that does not leave sharp edges that could cut you. That is achieved by cutting the lid underneath the rim, and not above it. That way, there are no sharp edges that could hurt your fingers.
- Easy cleaning – this may seem like a piece of cake, but it really isn’t. When you do not clean a can opener, the device rusts, and that contaminate your food. Manual can openers are easy to clean because you can submerge them in water. Electric can openers…not so much. That is why you need one with a design that allows you to clean it with ease.
What are the best electric can openers?
There are multiple models out there, and some may agree that there are too many. That can make your decision harder to make, and I totally understand that. It is easier to make a choice when you have fewer choices. Even so, it is a free market, and you have plenty of options. However, if you do not want to go through the entire process or you are indecisive, you can choose one of the models below. I am sure you are going to like at least one of them.
Hamilton Beach 76607 Smooth Touch Can Opener
I am sure that you have heard of Hamilton Beach, and chances are you already have some kitchen utensils from them. If not, rest assured that the manufacturer produces high-quality kitchenware at affordable prices. This device is an elegant electric can opener that will look amazing on your kitchen counter. It will prove to be extremely useful as well since it can open a can in just a matter of seconds.
As for compatibility, the Hamilton Beach electric can opener can easily open all standard-sized cans, as well as cans with pop-top lids. It is incredibly versatile, and it will open pretty much all canned goods you may have. It uses a safety mechanism that will prevent you from getting cut. Instead of cutting the upper edge, the Hamilton opener removes the top by cutting underneath the rim. As a result, the edge that is left after the lid removal is smooth and cannot cut you.
The design is impressive. The colors are black and chrome, and it measures 5 by 4 inches with 9 inches in height. It is not large, and you can place it anywhere you want as long as you have an outlet nearby. The ergonomic lever that you must use to operate the device will make the operation effortless, which makes this device ideal for people with arthritis, weak wrists, troubled dexterity, or other conditions that may prevent you from opening a can manually. As for power consumption, you do not need to worry. You will not see a significant difference in your electric bill.
Cuisinart CCO-50BKN Deluxe Electric Can Opener
I have to admit that I am a bit biased when it comes to products from Cuisinart. My kitchen is half-equipped by this manufacturer, and the reason is that they are affordable but high-quality. I have yet to have a broken device from them, which is why I thought that you would be interested in this deluxe electric can opener from deluxe.
The Cuisinart opener has a precision power cut blade that will help you open a can in just a couple of seconds. The blade is made of high-quality steel that you do not need to sharpen, and it can open thousands of cans before something happens to it. The device is very easy to use. You have a press and release lever that will open any standard-sizes can. You do not need to do anything other than operating the lever. The rest is handled by the machine.
The Cuisinart electric can opener has a convenient design. It features an extra-wide base that will prevent the device from sliding or tipping. The lid holder is magnetic so that you do not have to deal with that hassle. One of the benefits you will like the most is that the machine will stop automatically after it performs one rotation. That will prolong its lifespan and make your task easier at the same time. Lastly, the electric can opener from Cuisinart has a removable activation lever. As a result, this is a very easy to clean can opener.
Sokos Electric Can Opener
I thought that maybe you would like something different than the corded electric can opener, which is why I thought to show you this model. Unlike the previous two, this is a battery-powered electric can opener that will work just as well as a corded one, but this time you will not be pinned to your kitchen counter. The device is lightweight and portable. You can take it with you anywhere you want. This device is ideal for people who go camping and take canned food on the trip.
The device is very easy to operate. The one-touch operation will have the can opened in seconds. It automatically opens the can by cutting around its edge. Just like the previous two models, this one also cuts underneath the rim to prevent accidents. It even leaves the lid easy to put back, so you keep the content of the can covered when you prepare a meal.
The Sokos electric can opener is easy to use. All you need to do is place the device on top of the can, push the button, and then just watch it go around. It will stop on itself after it completes one rotation, and you do not need to intervene at all. As for batteries, this device uses AA batteries, and the manufacturer recommends that you purchase high-quality batteries for extended use.
It is tricky to make a choice between three excellent products, but if I were to choose, I would go with the Cuisinart CCO-50BKN Deluxe Electric Can Opener. It has a lovely design, it is comfortable to use and easy to clean, and the fact that I have never been disappointed by a Cuisinart kitchenware before makes me believe that this is one of the best electric can openers you can find within this price range. I strongly recommend it.
Who knew that opening a can could be such a hassle? People with trouble doing it, of course. Even regular people can use an electric can opener just for convenience. After all, it is not an expensive device, and it can really help you sometimes. One of the electric can openers above will do an excellent job. Click here to buy on Amazon
- What Does Can Openers Electric Mean?
- The Idiot’s Manual to Kitchenaid Can Opener Explained
- Rumors, Lies and Zyliss Can Opener
- How to Find Battery Can Opener
- Uncommon Article Gives You the Facts on under Counter Can Opener That Only a Few People Know Exist
- What’s Truly Going on with Cordless Can Opener
- Hamilton Beach Electric Can Opener – the Story
- Finding the Best Under the Cabinet Can Opener
- The Appeal of Swing Away Can Opener
- What Everyone Is Saying About Heavy Duty Can Opener and What You Should Do
- Secret Information About Best Electric Can Opener 2015 That Only the Pros Know About
- A Secret Weapon for Red Electric Can Opener
- Best Can Opener 2015 – a Short Overview
- A Startling Fact about the Best Can Opener Uncovered
- Can Opener Electric for Dummies
- Good Cook Can Opener Can Be Fun for Everyone
- An Actionable Tutorial on Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Can Opener in Step by Step Order
- Oxo Can Opener Options
- A Simple Trick for Battery Operated Can Opener Uncovered
- What You Don’t Know About Tin Opener
- What Every Body Is Saying About Best Manual Can Opener Is Wrong and Why
- The Appeal of Manual Can Opener
- Find Out Who is Concerned About under the Counter Can Opener and Why You Should Be Paying Attention
- One of the Most Incredibly Overlooked Answers for Can Opener Reviews
- The Secret Truth on Automatic Can Opener Uncovered
- Getting the Best Electric Jar Opener
- A Deadly Mistake Uncovered on under Cabinet Can Opener and How to Avoid It
- Hamilton Beach Can Opener Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- The Start of Electric Can Opener Reviews
- The Pitfall of Electric Tin Opener
- The Death of Toucan Can Opener
- What Is So Fascinating About One Touch Can Opener?
- The Hidden Gem of Best Can Opener
- Can Opener – What Is It?
- Top Secret Facts About Electric Can Opener Revealed by the Pros